Designing in this context, we provided bars, a café/bar, kitchen and dining areas, and a protective screen for Chloe, the celebrated painting that made the hotel’s name, which has hung in the bar since 1909.
Young & Jackson’s is an amalgamation of five buldings of various heights, sited on a very prominent corner opposite Flinders Street Station. The oldest, right on the corner, dates from 1853. Consistent exterior treatment unifies the group. The conservation and restoration of the exteriors formed part of our work.
Share this page