Anita also has high level experience in strategic planning and policy development for heritage places. She was principal author of the Victorian Heritage Council’s Victorian Heritage Strategy (May 2000), and Secretary to the Heritage Council’s Policy & Protocols Committee.
For Lovell Chen, she has authored reports on heritage matters for planning panels, prepared expert witness statements, given expert evidence before planning appeals tribunals and advised on the adaptation, reuse and development of heritage places. She has published extensively on cultural heritage matters.
Anita leads a multi-disciplinary team with expertise in architecture, archaeology, history and planning — working on a wide range of projects for clients that include Commonwealth, state and local government agencies, as well as owners of heritage properties large and small. The team produces a variety of heritage reports and outputs, from heritage impact statements and conservation management plans to municipal heritage studies, heritage appraisals, submissions to panels and hearings, and heritage interpretation reports.
Recent municipal heritage studies managed by Anita include studies and reviews for the Victorian municipalities of Boroondara, Yarra Ranges, Greater Bendigo
. She also managed the preparation and implementation of the Australia Post National Heritage Strategy
which included a national survey of Australia Post properties.
Recent projects include …
• Melbourne Cricket Ground and Yarra Park — heritage management plan, heritage impact statements
• Harold Holt Memorial Swimming Centre, Melbourne — conservation management plan, heritage advice
• Penshurst Wind Farm, Victoria — heritage impact statement
• Former RVIB — conservation management plan, heritage impact statements
• Melbourne Docklands — conservation management plan, heritage impact statements
• Point Nepean Quarantine Station & National Park, Victoria — conservation management plan, redevelopment advice
• Melbourne Town Hall and administration bulding — conservation management plan review
• West End of Victoria Quay, Fremantle, WA — conservation management plan review
• Cascades Female Factory, Hobart — conservation management plan
• Waverley Park (former AFL stadium), Melbourne — heritage impact statement
Anita also contributed to master plans for Victoria Park in Abbotsford, and Commonwealth land at Point Nepean. She has undertaken heritage appraisals of numerous urban and regional residential properties, industrial sites and institutional complexes.