Anita provides heritage advice to agencies at local government, state and Commonwealth levels, and to owners of heritage properties large and small. She is an experienced strategic planner for heritage places, thoroughly conversant in the various pieces of local, state and national legislation that govern heritage management.
Anita manages the preparation of large heritage studies and reviews, such as the Australia Post National Heritage Strategy
and a national study of post offices (2006-2011). Recent municipal heritage studies include work for the municipalities of Boroondara, Yarra Ranges, Melbourne, Yarra and Greater Bendigo.
Her expertise includes the preparation of reports on heritage matters for planning panels, the preparation of expert witness statements, and providing expert evidence to the Heritage Council and planning appeals tribunals. She has also published extensively on cultural heritage matters.
Anita was principal author of the Victorian Heritage Council’s Victorian Heritage Strategy (May 2000), and Secretary to the Heritage Council’s Policy & Protocols Committee. She joined Lovell Chen in 2001.
Anita’s recent projects include …..
• City of Melbourne Heritage Policies Review (Amendment C258) — policies review, precinct statements of significance, property grading reviews
• World Heritage Environs Area Strategy Plan, Royal Exhibition Building, Melbourne
• Melbourne Cricket Ground and Yarra Park — heritage management plan, temporary event management plan, heritage impact statements, permits
• Central City Laneways and Elizabeth Street West precincts — heritage study
• Australia Post National Heritage Strategy
• Point Nepean Quarantine Station & National Park, Victoria — conservation management plan, redevelopment advice
• Royal Exhibition Building, Melbourne — conservation management plan
• City of Yarra Incorporated Plan, Melbourne
• Richmond Maltings, Melbourne — conservation management plan, heritage advice
• Ballarat Railway Station redevelopment — development advice
• Flemington Racecourse redevelopment — conservation management plan, development advice
• Kew Junction Commercial Heritage Study, Melbourne
• Healesville Heritage Project, Victoria
• Greater Bendigo Thematic Environmental History, Victoria
• Assessment of Heritage Precincts in Kew, Melbourne
Anita also contributed to master plans for Victoria Park in Abbotsford, and Commonwealth land at Point Nepean. She has undertaken heritage appraisals of numerous urban and regional residential properties, industrial sites and institutional complexes.